Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rawr!

Earlier this year my friends had twins!  They were all over having a dinosaur theme so I wanted to make a couple of dinosaur blankets for them.  Well, I couldn't find any dinosaur print I really liked, so a lady at Creative Pursuits suggested I use her dinosaur quilt design.  I can't say no to people when put on the spot like that, so I said "Okay!" even though I have never made a quilt before.  I'm so glad I did!  It was really fun, challenging, addicting, and extremely therapeutic.  I'm already starting to create my own designs now.  Look for some wonderfully geek-tastic designs from me in the future!

Now, without further ado, here are the finished dinosaur quilts~

Design (c) Rita Standage

Also, we've decided on what our first official cosplay together will be, hooray!  I won't tell you what it is yet, but I'll give you a little hint from part of the cosplay I'm currently working on ~ "Puu~!"

No comments:

Post a Comment